There are many reasons why you may want to choose to install hardwood in your home. When you compare it to the other types of flooring that are available you will find out soon enough that the many benefits are well worth your while. Even if you do not end up buying and installing hardwood, you should at least compare and consider this option. It is good to look into everything before making a final decision.
Here are five reasons why hardwood is a good choice:
1. Looks rich. When you install hardwood in your home you are giving it a rich look and feel that is sure to last for many years to come. Hardwood flooring that is properly installed can stand up to the test of time. It is not uncommon to find original hardwood in homes that are up to a century old. When you install this type of flooring you can be rest assured that it is going to look good for a very long time. With many types of hardwood, ranging from oak to cherry, you should be able to achieve the perfect look.
2. Durable. As noted above, hardwood is not going to get old quickly. Instead, you should be able to keep your floors in good condition for many years to come. As long as you care for your floors as you should, there is no reason to believe that you will have to get them replaced anytime in the near future. In fact, hardwood floors should outlive you!
3. Can be laid fast. Are you looking for a type of flooring that can be laid in a hurry? Although hardwood may not have the quick installation of carpeting, if you hire a professional he can lay an entire room in no time at all. Sure, there is some prep work and cuts to be made but for the most part professionals know how to move through the process in a fast and efficient manner.
4. The price is not too high. Sure, hardwood floors can be expensive but not nearly as bad as many people believe. For instance, you should be able to find a quality hardwood floor for roughly $3 to $4 per square foot. This is more than you may pay for carper, laminate, or vinyl but for what you get you are not overpaying.
5. Can be refinished in the future. If you get tired of the look of your hardwood floors you can always have them refinished. The same holds true if your floors become stained or damaged over the years. This is not an option with any other type of flooring.
With these five benefits it is simple to see why so many homeowners are opting for hardwood floors.