Just because you are in the comfort of your own home does not always mean that you are safe. Accidents can still happen right in your own living room or in other parts of your house where you feel most comfortable and secure.
Among the accidents that you may encounter at home are electrical burns or burns that occur following contact with electrical current. In many cases, faulty wiring is the culprit. Electrical burns can be mild or severe, minor or fatal.
When you have a child at home, make sure that he or she does not come in near contact with electrical cords. Little tots love to chew on things, and they may just chew on an electrical cord, thinking that it’s something edible. So always see to it that electrical cords are not within your child’s reach.
If you have to work on an electric cable or wire, use some special rubber globes and clothing to prevent the possibility of getting electrical burns on the skin and body. Making sure that the electrical devices and gadgets that you use are grounded can also help prevent the possibility of electrical burns.
Finally, always use electrical appliances as they are meant to be used, and see to it, too, that you do not wound the power cords too tightly as this could cause cracks that can result to electrical leakage.